Arrowwood Director Seth Houser will share 5 tips for first-time campers and answer your questions.
- Have Confidence – If you are worried, they will be worried. If you are confident they are likely to be confident! We have a vigorous staff hiring and training process, we have a Doctor on campus, we are professionals. Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Practice Camp with your child – Practice writing postcards, making a bed, bathing, applying sunscreen, spend the night with a friend or grandparent. — Don’t overwhelm, but do practice
- The more you know ahead of time…….the better. Check out the daily schedule, track descriptions, Instagram counselor introductions, and the parent information packet.
Parent Information: https://thebestcamp.com/parent-information/
Day at Camp: https://thebestcamp.com/a-day-at-camp/
- Homelonely vs Homesick – “Your counselors are your fill in parents” – Don’t make pick-up deals. Do encourage them to have a wonderful time at camp
Don’t make pick-up deals
- Label Everything – Your camper will lose something – it’s ok, we have a better chance of returning their items to them if everything has a label.
Have a tip or question: Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org